Cash is the most useful thing you can donate. This allows The Children’s Home to allocate funds to where it is really needed.
Donations can be made via credit card online, or by mailing a check to: The Children’s Home, Attn: Development, 205 Bloomsbury Ave, Catonsville, MD 21228. Your donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
We know you want to do whatever you can to help. The items on this list are always timely and will help us serve the kids in our care best.
- Art supplies
- Books (especially YA; see our library wishlist for ideas)
- Clothing (adult sizes, new only, please)
- DVDs & Blu-Rays (G, PG, or PG-13 only, please)
- Electronics (especially MP3 players)
- New linens (especially Twin XL bedding, pillows, & towel sets)
- Toiletries (full-size plastic bottles, please)
- Sports equipment
- Snacks (pre-packaged with ingredient labels, please)
- Suitcases (new or gently used)
Occasionally, The Children’s Home requests specific items to fill a need or to keep costs low. Keep an eye on this spot for up-to-date requests for help from our community.
Currently, the Home would greatly appreciate donations of:
- Whole turkeys and hams
- Tennis shoes (New, Adult sizes, please)
- Sweatshirts / Hoodies (New, adult sizes, please)
- Coats / Jackets (New, adult sizes, please)
- Holiday gifts (see our holiday giving page for more information)
To schedule a donation drop-off or for more information, contact us via email or at 410-744-7310, ext 132.
We’re rated 100 by Charity Navigator!
Library Wish List
Share Your Talents
Our Giving # 7127
Maryland Charity Campaign
The Maryland Charity Campaign (MCC) is a workplace charitable giving program that offers state employees the opportunity to contribute to charities using the convenience of payroll deduction. Please choose The Children’s Home as your charity to support.
Our Giving # 5147
Baltimore City Workplace Campaign
The Children’s Home is deeply concerned about the fraudulent use of our name and logo by individuals who deliberately abuse the trust of our supporters. Following are details on how the fraud works, and how to help protect yourself from potentially serious consequences.
We have received reports that impostors may be using The Children’s Home name — and our 157 years of credibility — to solicit members of the public via websites, e-mails and phone calls. We are alerting the public in an effort to ensure that innocent victims are not lured into providing their personal contact or banking details. Please be advised that websites, e-mails and phone calls offering jobs as a personal assistant may fabricated and fraudulent. Beware of scammers who may ask you to deposit a check for wages with “extra” money for donations.
Here are some measures you can take to avoid scammers:
- Be alert to any unexpected e-mail, instant message, voicemail or fax that claims to be from a bank, credit card company, online service or charitable organization.
- If you receive a suspect message, call our Donor & Community Engagement Manager at 410-744-7310 and verify whether it is legitimate.
- Do not respond to any e-mail, phone or fax instructions that prompt you to divulge your personal information without separately verifying the source.
- Do not click on any links in a suspicious e-mail; clicking on such a link may cause the download of key-logging or spyware programs onto your computer.
- Use up-to-date anti-virus software — including spam filters and even anti-phishing programs, which are available to help screen out potential phishers on websites and e-mails.