Treatment Foster Care
Treatment Foster Care is more than care for children who are no longer able to stay at home with their families. It is temporary care for children who need specialized care. It is care that can not be provided in a regular foster care home. These children have troubling behaviors, but are not appropriate for a residential placement. They have been evaluated and determined to be able to succeed in a structured treatment foster home.
LICENSING PROCESS AND TRAINING
Interested adults must:
Submit applications (and three references).
Successfully complete 24 hours Inservice Training (click for schedule).
- Make sure their home meets with licensing requirements of health department and fire department.
- Meet all licensing requirements (including criminal background check and child abuse clearance).
TRAITS OF TREATMENT FOSTER CARE PARENTS
Adults with good child caring skills.
- Adults who are eager to enhance those basic skills through training.
- People who are responsible, loving, generous, and willing to share their home and family with a foster child.
- Adults willing to work closely and cooperatively with a social worker in the design and delivery of treatment in their home.
- Adults at least 21 years old, single or married. If married, both parents are required to attend the preservice training. If single; a friend, neighbor, or relative must commit to completing the preservice training and to being the other’s partner in providing treatment foster care.
LENGTH OF PLACEMENT:
It varies depending on the individual plan. We require that treatment parents make a one year commitment. However, the placement may be shorter or longer. The expected length of a child’s stay in a home is discussed at the time of placement.
For more information on this opportunity to make a major difference in the life of a child, please contact:
TREATMENT FOSTER CARE
You can also download and complete the Foster Parent Application and Applicant Questionnaire; completed documents can be returned to Program Manager, at the above address, fax number or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org