Our event has ended.
Thank you to all who participated!
Help us send kids to camp!
Summer camp is the perfect escape for any youth, but especially the youth we serve who have endured unimaginable trauma and loss. Every dollar helps, and thanks to our event sponsors, 100% of each donation will go towards summer programing for the kids in our care.
To begin making an online donation, simply select an amount (or enter your own) in the field below. We appreciate your support in helping us reach our fundraising goal.
With our virtual Walk, Run, Ride, and Pivot! event, you can choose your own course whether it’s a treadmill or your neighborhood streets, what time you start, and who joins in! We made it easy to join as an individual or to create your own team.
The need for a healthy environment in which our residents can learn and grow has never been greater. Thanks to our sponsors, 100% of the proceeds from this event will be used to build an enriching and enjoyable summer camp for The Children’s Home residents. Won’t you join us in ensuring all the kids in our care have a chance at the same summer experiences as their peers?
How it works
- Register for $49 as an individual or team. Each registration includes a voucher for 1 class at Rolling Brook Yoga in Catonsville, and 1 commemorative t-shirt. Additional t-shirts can be purchased on the T-Shirt tab for $25.
- After registration, you can set up your fundraising webpage to increase your impact. We’ll provide you with a link to easily share with friends and family. The top fundraiser (individual or team) will receive a certificate and bragging rights for the whole year!
- Keep track of how far you walk (in miles) from May 21 thru June 4.
- Enter your total distance on our website to compete to win a new FitBit!
- Run — and time! — a 5k any time from May 21 thru June 4.
- Enter your complete run time on our website to compete to win a $100 gift card to Charm City Run!
- Keep track of how far you ride (in miles) from May 21 thru June 4.
- Enter your total distance on our website to compete to win a $100 gift card to Dirt Rooster Bicycles!
- Introduce some zen in your life, and take a virtual or in-person yoga class, courtesy of Rolling Brook Yoga.
- Your class pass will be emailed to you within 24 hours of registration. This can be redeemed anytime before June 30, 2022.
- Be sure to tag us on pictures of you walking, running, or riding on Facebook or Instagram with #TCHPivot to share your successes.
Register now to walk, run, ride & pivot! send a kid to camp!
The Children’s Home (TCH) in Catonsville, Maryland, is a residential care facility that provides both long- and short-term services to youth 13 to 21 years of age who have experienced abuse, neglect, violence, abandonment, and/or are in need of supervised care. Located less than a mile from Baltimore City, TCH provides services to children of every race, creed, color, and religion. We provide therapeutic programs where children feel secure, loved and have a sense of belonging.
The Home’s programs and activities provide an opportunity for the children to attend public schools, develop self-esteem, and experience trusting relationships with peers and adults. Our programs focus on enhancing each child’s ability to function successfully in society with attention to accountability and community safety.
As a charitable organization, The Children’s Home is rated 100 out of 100 by Charity Navigator! You can “Give with Confidence” knowing that we have been independently evaluated for effectively stewarding donations. Check out our Charity Navigator profile to learn more. For more than 150 years, The Children’s Home has been a SHINING example of quality residential youth care in Maryland
New Adventures Summer Camp
The end of the school year for The Children’s Home residents doesn’t have to mean the end of an active and educational schedule. Every year The Children’s Home hosts an educational and enjoyable summer camp experience for kids in our care. The activities offered cultivate life and social skills in imaginative and insightful ways that make the most of the warm summer months.
We plan camp activities to keep the kids moving and healthy; weight lifting, swimming, gardening, hiking, horseback riding, and team sports are the most popular. Campers also participate in various interactive projects on topics like nutrition, drug education, and budgeting. To keep all safe and healthy, most activities take place on our beautiful 44-acre campus in Catonsville, Maryland, with occasional COVID-19 safe field trips.
At the same time, The Children’s Home conducts a Summer Youth Employment Program. Hosted in conjunction with the Baltimore County Department of Economic and Workforce Development, select TCH residents participate in a six-week employment program focused on job skill development while earning a salary. We also host workshops to introduce interview and resume writing techniques, conduct discussions on soft-skills, and connect participants with mentors and leaders.
Overall, the purpose of The Children’s Home summer programming is to strengthen campers’ self-confidence and core values. We empower campers by emphasizing healthy choices, positive decision-making, and sustainable coping skills in a comfortable environment. These lessons can be applied across a lifetime.
Contests & Prizes
- Log the longest walking distance to win a brand new FitBit.
- Record the fastest 5k running time to win a $100 Charm City Run gift card.
- Log the longest biking distance to win a $100 Dirt Rooster Bicycles gift card.
- Be the top fundraiser (individuals or teams) to receive a certificate and bragging rights for 1 year!
Contest Rules & Guidelines
- Participants must be registered in the Walk, Run, Ride, & Pivot! virtual event to be eligible to win. (To register, click here.)
- All entries must be received by June 5, 2022 at midnight.
- The Children’s Home board members, employees and their families are ineligible to win prizes.
- Must be 18 or older to participate.
- Time & Distance contests
- All time and distance numbers will be entered on the honor system.
- To enter time or distance contests, please visit and submit your information via our contest entry webpage between 5/21/2022 and 6/4/2022.
- Registrants may enter only one time or distance contest.
- Top fundraiser
- The person(s) who have raised the most funds by the end of the contest period will be named “Top Fundraiser.”
- Winners will be announced via email and on this website on June 7, 2022. Prizes will be distributed by mail and e-mail the same day.
All registered participants will receive a commemorative t-shirt if they so choose. Please be sure to select your preferred size during registration. Additional t-shirts can be purchased below.
Shirts can be claimed at any of the below pick-up days and locations.
- Friday, June 3, 2p-4p at The Children’s Home
- Saturday, June 4, 10a-12p at Growing Minds Bookstore
If you cannot make these pick-up times, please contact Christy Page. Please note: Unclaimed t-shirts will be donated to the kids in our care.
Order Additional T-Shirts
I’ve signed up to help send kids to camp!
Once you’ve registered for the event, please be sure to set up your fundraising webpage. You will be given an option to build it as a team or as an individual, and once complete you can easily share the link with family and friends to start raising money and sending kids to camp! On your webpage, you’ll also be able to keep track of the funds you’ve raised and your progress towards your goal.
We’ve made it easy for you to share the message with some Instagram and Facebook posts to share. Feel free to add your own message about why this mission is important to you. To download, right click on the links below and “Save as…”
You can also send emails and letters to those in your network. To see a sample letter, click here.
Want to do something different? Consider hosting a virtual trivia night, bingo or other event to raise funds through your network. Consider hosting a bake sale or yard sale to add to your impact.
PLEASE NOTE: If you’re having technical difficulties setting up your fundraising webpage, please reach out to Christy Page at 410-744-7310 or via email.
Promote your business & send a kid to camp!
We are pleased to announce our upcoming Walk, Run, Ride & Pivot! virtual event, to be held May 21-June 4, 2022! This event will bring together our community, and will enable us to host a fun and enriching summer camp for our residents. The need for our residents to have a safe structure to learn and grow has never been greater. Help us to make sure all the kids in our care have this opportunity.
For this virtual event, participants can choose their own course, when to start, and who joins their team! Participants can join in time, distance, and fundraising contests. Each will each receive a t-shirt with your logo.
This year, we are striving to raise $25,000 for our summer camp program. Here’s where you come in. We offer three sponsorship levels to fit your needs, each with a comprehensive list of benefits. Choose what works best for you!
Your sponsorship will make a big impact on our ability to spread the message about this event, which will help us to create an impactful and exciting experience for the kids in our care.
Won’t you join us as a sponsor?
We want to hear from you! Please contact us via the form below, or reach out to us at 410-744-7310 during regular business hours.
The Children’s Home
205 Bloomsbury Avenue,
Catonsville, Maryland 21228